Me
  
  
  
  
  
  .: Family Photos
  .: Co-Workers
  .: The Phish Experience
Favorite Blogs
  .: Boker Tov Boulder
  .: Cara's World
  .: ENGAGE
  .: Fundamentally Freund
  .: Jewish Rants - Headlines
  .: Lazer Beams
  .: Little Green Footballs
  .: MOchassid
  .: Mystical Paths
  .: Psycho Toddler
  .: Shiloh Musings
  .: Velvel
Love to Hate
  .: Dov Bear
  .: Jewlicious
  .: Jewschool
  .: Orthodox Anarchist
Other Good Blogs
  .: Adam Davis
  .: Blog In DM
  .: Chicago Weight Watcher
  .: Cohen Head
  .: Eli's Travels
  .: Hassid and a Heretic
  .: Hasidic Gentile
  .: Jewish Fringe
  .: Life of Rubin
  .: Ocean Guy
  .: Only in Israel
  .: Rose's Story
  .: Rupaul's Blog
  .: The View From Here
Jewish Links
  .: Aish HaTorah
  .: Bang it out
  .: Breslov.com
  .: Breslov.org
  .: Breslov World
  .: Chabad
  .: CRC
  .: Frum.org
  .: IDF Israel
  .: Irgun
  .: Jewsweek
  .: Kahane!
  .: Kahane Audio
  .: Kfar Center
  .: Only Simchas
  .: Shabbos Times
  .: Shop Gush Katif
  .: Sichos in English
  .: Skokie Kollel
  .: Torah.org

<<
List
Jewish Bloggers
Join
Israeli/Jewish News
  .: Arutz Sheva
  .: Barry Chamish
  .: Debka
  .: Ha'aretz
  .: Israel Insider
  .: Jewish Press
  .: Jerusalem Post
News and Commentary
  .: Drudge Report
  .: Fark
  .: Fox News
  .: Jeff Jacoby
  .: Michelle Malkin
  .: The Reader
  .: Snopes
  .: World Net
Help
  .: PETA
  .: Anti-Cruelty Society
  .: C.A.R.E.
  .: REGAP (National)
  .: REGAP of Illinois
  .: I.M.P.S.
  .: Recycled Rotts
  .: Dr. Andrew Weil
  .: Circle Of Life
  .: The Ark
  .: Walid Shoebat
  .: Israeli MIAs
  .: Zachary Baumel
Other Links
  .: Abir Warrior Arts
  .: Ahikam Seri
  .: Ebaums World
  .: Survivor Official
  .: Survivor Fever
  .: Vendyl Jones
Music Links
  .: Blue Fringe
  .: Ben Harper
  .: Beyond Eden
  .: Chaim Dovid
  .: Diaspora Yeshiva Band
  .: Even Sh'siyah
  .: Grateful Dead Radio
  .: Hadag Nachash
  .: Heedoosh
  .: Jambands
  .: Jambase
  .: Matisyahu
  .: Matisyahu Fan
  .: Moshav Band
  .: Moshe Skier
  .: Phish Archive
  .: Piamenta
  .: Reva L' Sheva
  .: Seth Nadel
  .: Shlomo Carlebach
  .: Simply Tsfat
  .: Soulfarm
  .: Yidcore

Credits

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines


Archives
current
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
 







         SklarO World                   Tela                      Pip                  Danny Boi             Sophie Girl                 Cole

~* About This Blog*~

This Blog was created by me and for me. I dont take suggestions and I dont really care what you have to say in regards to content or design of this Blog. As far as individual posts go, I would love to hear your opinions in the comment section (especially if your opinion is radically different then mine). I try to post often, but sometimes a week will go by where I am to busy to post anything.


~*Words*~

Wednesday, November 03, 2004
  A Gorilla in our midst

So lately I have been going to Shul. That's right, going to Shul.

I have been going to a very interesting Chabad shul 2 blocks from my house. The shul regulars all appear to be Ballei Teshuvah, except for a couple of guys. So picture a bunch of Chassidishe guys with beards down to their stomachs wearing Gartels, but can barely read Hebrew! It seems very odd to me. Anyways, there is this big shmuck who sits in the back corner of the shul. He is the Shul heckler/candyman/head of Kiddush club. He looks vey much like a great ape although I'm not sure if he looks more like a gorilla or a Baboon. This guy talks throughout davening, making jokes at other members expense INCLUDING THE RABBI! The Rabbi will stop davening constantly for this SOB and he will continue to talk! I have learned to except this pathetic loser and move on. I wont get into the disaster that is this guys business and personal life because that is just not cool.
This morning at Shacharit, I was putting on my Tefillin along with a few other guys and the Rabbi who I have really come to love lately. His speeches are great, and he has a certain unique presence about him that I am drawn to......Back to the story.....So people were discussing the elections (all overwhelmingly supporting Bush) and someone brought up Obama, and the great ape said something to the effect of....."Owe who cares about that coon, I wouldn't vote for a Nigger" and the Rabbi smiled.

Now I am not sure if the Rabbi smiled because he knows what a pathetic lost cause that motherfucker is, or if he thought that what he said was funny. All I know is, I woke up early in the morning to pray to G-d. I came to Shul to Pray with a Minyan. As far as I am concerned, I don't think talking about the election in the sanctuary is appropriate at all but I was so shocked and offended by the whole scene. I am disappointed with the Rabbi and if I continue to Daven at this Shul long term, I guarantee a confrontation with this shitbag.

I assume they tolerate him because he is a large donor. There can't possibly be another explanation. I don't know if I can possibly continue at that Shul. I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

Needless to say, I was not in the right mindset for Davening. I was enraged. I wanted to drag that stupid hypocritical ass minstrel outside by his big ears and slam his head into the pavement. Is that so wrong?
- posted by Prodly @ Wednesday, November 03, 2004


Comments:
Unfortunately, racism is widely encouraged in the Orthodox (particularly chassidish) community. You have to have the guts to tell them it's not funny or appropriate. It's even worse when there are kids around. You have to teach them that even though because the guy saying it looks like a rabbi, it's still wrong.
# posted by Blogger PsychoToddler : 9:49 PM
 


I wouldn't go so far as to say racism is encouraged amongst Orthodox Jews. Tolerated, perhaps, but there is a strong difference between the two.
# posted by Blogger jrose : 11:20 PM
 


Why is it racist if I don't like certain people for legitimate reasons? It's my G-d given right to dislike people without nutball LIEberals telling me i'm evil for it! I think politically correct idiots are racist.
# posted by Blogger wops : 8:49 PM
 


And its my G-d given right to physically remove any motherfucker who disturbs my time with G-d, with immature,ignorent, and hateful comments.

If you want to hate black people for being black then thats your problem, but in shul I better not here about it. Not to mention that those two particular African-American candidates are fucking geniuses.

# posted by Blogger Prodly : 9:09 AM
 


DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD! THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!!!
# posted by Blogger wops : 12:56 AM
 


Post a Comment

© Copyright 2004 SklarO World. All rights reserved. -- Designed By: FF Warpzone And Prodly