Me
  
  
  
  
  
  .: Family Photos
  .: Co-Workers
  .: The Phish Experience
Favorite Blogs
  .: Boker Tov Boulder
  .: Cara's World
  .: ENGAGE
  .: Fundamentally Freund
  .: Jewish Rants - Headlines
  .: Lazer Beams
  .: Little Green Footballs
  .: MOchassid
  .: Mystical Paths
  .: Psycho Toddler
  .: Shiloh Musings
  .: Velvel
Love to Hate
  .: Dov Bear
  .: Jewlicious
  .: Jewschool
  .: Orthodox Anarchist
Other Good Blogs
  .: Adam Davis
  .: Blog In DM
  .: Chicago Weight Watcher
  .: Cohen Head
  .: Eli's Travels
  .: Hassid and a Heretic
  .: Hasidic Gentile
  .: Jewish Fringe
  .: Life of Rubin
  .: Ocean Guy
  .: Only in Israel
  .: Rose's Story
  .: Rupaul's Blog
  .: The View From Here
Jewish Links
  .: Aish HaTorah
  .: Bang it out
  .: Breslov.com
  .: Breslov.org
  .: Breslov World
  .: Chabad
  .: CRC
  .: Frum.org
  .: IDF Israel
  .: Irgun
  .: Jewsweek
  .: Kahane!
  .: Kahane Audio
  .: Kfar Center
  .: Only Simchas
  .: Shabbos Times
  .: Shop Gush Katif
  .: Sichos in English
  .: Skokie Kollel
  .: Torah.org

<<
List
Jewish Bloggers
Join
Israeli/Jewish News
  .: Arutz Sheva
  .: Barry Chamish
  .: Debka
  .: Ha'aretz
  .: Israel Insider
  .: Jewish Press
  .: Jerusalem Post
News and Commentary
  .: Drudge Report
  .: Fark
  .: Fox News
  .: Jeff Jacoby
  .: Michelle Malkin
  .: The Reader
  .: Snopes
  .: World Net
Help
  .: PETA
  .: Anti-Cruelty Society
  .: C.A.R.E.
  .: REGAP (National)
  .: REGAP of Illinois
  .: I.M.P.S.
  .: Recycled Rotts
  .: Dr. Andrew Weil
  .: Circle Of Life
  .: The Ark
  .: Walid Shoebat
  .: Israeli MIAs
  .: Zachary Baumel
Other Links
  .: Abir Warrior Arts
  .: Ahikam Seri
  .: Ebaums World
  .: Survivor Official
  .: Survivor Fever
  .: Vendyl Jones
Music Links
  .: Blue Fringe
  .: Ben Harper
  .: Beyond Eden
  .: Chaim Dovid
  .: Diaspora Yeshiva Band
  .: Even Sh'siyah
  .: Grateful Dead Radio
  .: Hadag Nachash
  .: Heedoosh
  .: Jambands
  .: Jambase
  .: Matisyahu
  .: Matisyahu Fan
  .: Moshav Band
  .: Moshe Skier
  .: Phish Archive
  .: Piamenta
  .: Reva L' Sheva
  .: Seth Nadel
  .: Shlomo Carlebach
  .: Simply Tsfat
  .: Soulfarm
  .: Yidcore

Credits

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines


Archives
current
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
 







         SklarO World                   Tela                      Pip                  Danny Boi             Sophie Girl                 Cole

~* About This Blog*~

This Blog was created by me and for me. I dont take suggestions and I dont really care what you have to say in regards to content or design of this Blog. As far as individual posts go, I would love to hear your opinions in the comment section (especially if your opinion is radically different then mine). I try to post often, but sometimes a week will go by where I am to busy to post anything.


~*Words*~

Friday, August 06, 2004
  The Coventry situation

So after spending 1.5 weeks non-stop on the various Phish message boards looking for Coventry tickets and not getting e-mails answered or cash offers accepted, I needed a new strategy. See the difficulty with Coventry is that tickets went on sale before Phish announced that they were breaking up and now every Phish phan ever is scrambling to get tickets to the last show/festival ever. Original ticket price is $150 and there were only approx. 70,000 released. Ticket prices on e-bay are over $400 a piece.

Extra ticket holders fall into 3 categories:

Category 1: The degenerate coke-head assfuckers
These "people" are mostly just scalpers that don't really give a flying fuck about Phish or anyone else for that matter. Their entire pathetic and miserable existence consists of buying as many tickets to an event as soon as they go on sale through their various connections, and then sell them for a 200 – 500% profit. Most of these guys are coke-heads in there mid thirties. Eat shit and die losers

Category 2: The true hippies
These kids are wonderful people. In this category you probably don't have more than 1 extra, because either you bought it for yourself and can't go, or your friend cant go. The hippies only want to get back as much money as they spent. The face-value crew. Truly noble.

Category 3: The traders
The traders are people who have extras and want to get whatever they can for them. Here are some of the trading items I’ve seen:
  • Tickets to other shows on tour
  • Pollak posters
  • Headies
  • Glass
  • Patches and stickers (come on people)
  • Rides

And whether its for real or not, a few people offered their Coventry tix for sex, and believe it or not Their were some responses.

The traders are the people I got to know real well. Here is my story about how I got my 3 tickets, and its pretty confusing……

Early this week as things started getting hopeless, I decided that I needed to get trading items – cash just wasn’t happening. So I bought 2 Hampton tickets on e-bay with the intention of using them in trade for Coventry. The tickets were $235 including shipping. I then found a chick in PA who wanted to trade me 1 Coventry for 1 Hampton plus $100. So the only way to make the exchange was at Jerry bash in WV. OK so I got the e-bay tic overnighted to me from the seller, and then had to UPS overnight them to mt friend in St. Louis who was going to Jerry Bash the very next day, and he would give her the $100 and 1 Hampton. Well at 11:15 the next morning (45 minutes after UPS was supposed to deliver the envelope that I paid them $25 to do) UPS had no freaking idea where my package was. Fuck. My friend was leaving St. Louis for Jerry bash in 4 hours and UPS had no clue what happened to my ticket. So my other friend (3rd ticket guy) cancelled his flight to VT so that he wouldn't get fucked with his plane tix. Well my buddy in St. Louis being the genius resourseful hippie that he is called his broker friend to see if he had more Hamptons. He did, for $75 bucks. OK great, except that he couldn’t have them until the next day – after my buddy would be gone. Fuck. So I called the chick in PA and convinced her not to leave at 8:00AM and that I could have another ticket overnighted to her directly (Fedex) from the broker by 10:30 the next day. She agreed and Fedex got it there by 8:30. Fuck you UPS. Now she is on her way to Jerry bash to meet my buddy. Cross your fingers, that’s ticket number one. My 3rd ticket friend is gonna drive up with us in the end, and fly home through Albany.

The other 2 tickets:
I found another chick from PA who had 2 Coventry tix on the boards, looking for 2 tix for each night of Great Woods and 1 Hampton + cash. Well cash and Hampton I have, and my wonderful buddy in St. Louis told me that his broker friend had both nights at $100 a piece. So I talked to this chick and we agreed to trust each and send the goods. So I had the broker overnight (Fedex again) her the GW tix, and I overnighted (Airbourne) her the Hampton and $50.

So today UPS found the package and promised it would be in my hands by Noon tomorrow. I just hope I can sell and ship the to a buyer by Monday.

I'll feel much better when my 2 tickets are in my hand.


- posted by Prodly @ Friday, August 06, 2004


Comments:
all told, are you actually saving money off the 200% hike the crack monkeys are asking?
# posted by Blogger Becky : 3:02 PM
 


I was for sure saving before UPS fucked me. Now? we'll see. Either way I will feel mighty happy when at the show, I wont have a bitter taste in my mouth about getting screwed by some scalper.
# posted by Blogger Prodly : 9:59 AM
 


So after all said and done, I got 3 tickets for $307 a piece. I paid double face. Not to bad...
# posted by Blogger Prodly : 11:35 AM
 


Post a Comment

© Copyright 2004 SklarO World. All rights reserved. -- Designed By: FF Warpzone And Prodly