Me
  
  
  
  
  
  .: Family Photos
  .: Co-Workers
  .: The Phish Experience
Favorite Blogs
  .: Boker Tov Boulder
  .: Cara's World
  .: ENGAGE
  .: Fundamentally Freund
  .: Jewish Rants - Headlines
  .: Lazer Beams
  .: Little Green Footballs
  .: MOchassid
  .: Mystical Paths
  .: Psycho Toddler
  .: Shiloh Musings
  .: Velvel
Love to Hate
  .: Dov Bear
  .: Jewlicious
  .: Jewschool
  .: Orthodox Anarchist
Other Good Blogs
  .: Adam Davis
  .: Blog In DM
  .: Chicago Weight Watcher
  .: Cohen Head
  .: Eli's Travels
  .: Hassid and a Heretic
  .: Hasidic Gentile
  .: Jewish Fringe
  .: Life of Rubin
  .: Ocean Guy
  .: Only in Israel
  .: Rose's Story
  .: Rupaul's Blog
  .: The View From Here
Jewish Links
  .: Aish HaTorah
  .: Bang it out
  .: Breslov.com
  .: Breslov.org
  .: Breslov World
  .: Chabad
  .: CRC
  .: Frum.org
  .: IDF Israel
  .: Irgun
  .: Jewsweek
  .: Kahane!
  .: Kahane Audio
  .: Kfar Center
  .: Only Simchas
  .: Shabbos Times
  .: Shop Gush Katif
  .: Sichos in English
  .: Skokie Kollel
  .: Torah.org

<<
List
Jewish Bloggers
Join
Israeli/Jewish News
  .: Arutz Sheva
  .: Barry Chamish
  .: Debka
  .: Ha'aretz
  .: Israel Insider
  .: Jewish Press
  .: Jerusalem Post
News and Commentary
  .: Drudge Report
  .: Fark
  .: Fox News
  .: Jeff Jacoby
  .: Michelle Malkin
  .: The Reader
  .: Snopes
  .: World Net
Help
  .: PETA
  .: Anti-Cruelty Society
  .: C.A.R.E.
  .: REGAP (National)
  .: REGAP of Illinois
  .: I.M.P.S.
  .: Recycled Rotts
  .: Dr. Andrew Weil
  .: Circle Of Life
  .: The Ark
  .: Walid Shoebat
  .: Israeli MIAs
  .: Zachary Baumel
Other Links
  .: Abir Warrior Arts
  .: Ahikam Seri
  .: Ebaums World
  .: Survivor Official
  .: Survivor Fever
  .: Vendyl Jones
Music Links
  .: Blue Fringe
  .: Ben Harper
  .: Beyond Eden
  .: Chaim Dovid
  .: Diaspora Yeshiva Band
  .: Even Sh'siyah
  .: Grateful Dead Radio
  .: Hadag Nachash
  .: Heedoosh
  .: Jambands
  .: Jambase
  .: Matisyahu
  .: Matisyahu Fan
  .: Moshav Band
  .: Moshe Skier
  .: Phish Archive
  .: Piamenta
  .: Reva L' Sheva
  .: Seth Nadel
  .: Shlomo Carlebach
  .: Simply Tsfat
  .: Soulfarm
  .: Yidcore

Credits

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines


Archives
current
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
 







         SklarO World                   Tela                      Pip                  Danny Boi             Sophie Girl                 Cole

~* About This Blog*~

This Blog was created by me and for me. I dont take suggestions and I dont really care what you have to say in regards to content or design of this Blog. As far as individual posts go, I would love to hear your opinions in the comment section (especially if your opinion is radically different then mine). I try to post often, but sometimes a week will go by where I am to busy to post anything.


~*Words*~

Monday, May 10, 2004
  Thanx Kfar!!

Saturday night I went to see Jewish music legend Yossi Piamenta.

The concert was at a bar, which made it appealing to me rather than at a shul fundraiser. The show was scheduled to begin at 9:30 PM with 2 scheduled opening bands. Ovadya and The Moshe Skier Band. The scene was very strange to say the least. We are at a bar in Wicker Park, with a combination of ultra-orthodox couples, Younger modern orthodox Jews, yuppies, and the neighborhood regulars.

The first band, Ovadya were awful. The band consists of about 8 middle aged freaks who look like they have done a whole lot of acid, and probably some satanic rituals. My wife practically dragged me out of the bar during this freak show because the vibe was to freaky. We returned to the bar during the Moshe Skier band. Moshe Skier was the bassist for Shlock Rock so I didn’t expect to enjoy the show at all. In all fairness to Skier they were good. The guitarist was an incredible little ultra-orthodox Jew bounding and shredding. Cute as a button.

Piamenta didn’t get started until after midnight. They came on strong with a mind blowing Od Yishama. These guys are unreal. I have never seen Piamenta before although I am familiar with his music, so I didn’t know how he would be live. I am still trembling. When you see Yossi on or off-stage you know this guys has a real personal bong with
G-d. Yossi blew Skier’s guitarist right out of the water. He performed a Red House that Jimi would be proud of. Do yourselves a favor. If Yossi comes to town, GO SEE HIM! Thank you to Kfar for bringing me Piamenta.
- posted by Prodly @ Monday, May 10, 2004


Comments:
"personal bong with G-d"
Awesome.

We should all merit to have a "real personal bong with G-d." (Although, personally, I think He would be hitting a big fatty)
Velvel 05.10.04 - 2:14 pm | #

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 10:51 AM
 


Cool typo. I think I'll leave it.
Prodly 05.10.04 - 2:29 pm

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 10:51 AM
 


You're welcome sklaro. Keep telling people about our shows so we can keep doing them. For the record, Yossi doesn't not share personal bongs with the g o double d. It's more like hash cigarettes.
# posted by Blogger jewish : 2:47 PM
 


Loved your review on Ovadya (and Piamenta, etc.) I'm actually in the band Ovadya and one of the middle-aged freaks. I thought it was hilarious (you're not a bad writer). You were somewhat right (we had a very rough night, technical problems, etc). Not into Satan tho, never tried acid, tho I'm curious, more into G-d. Oh well. I'm grateful that we had a chance to play with Kfar, I think it's great what Adam Davis and others are is doing, and I was honored to have Piamenta use my amp.

So be well.

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 4:57 PM
 


Thanx for reading. Glad you liked the review, hope I didnt hurt your feelings. I really am a nice guy.
# posted by Blogger Prodly : 11:01 AM
 


As the drummer for Ovadya, I can promise I have never performed any satanic rituals. I'm also pretty sure that just by reading your review I know a lot more about you than you do about me.
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 2:51 PM
 


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
# posted by Blogger Prodly : 2:54 PM
 


Listen, it is my opinion that your show sucked. There was an eerie Manson family vibe in the room during your set, and that is why I made the satanic/acid reference obviously half kidding. You guys are very different from Skier or Piamenta and maybe Kfar should have booked you for some other gig. I dont know. I'm sure there are people out there who like your music, just not me.

Sorry drummer boy.

# posted by Blogger Prodly : 3:03 PM
 


Drummer boy here again.

Your assessment regarding our music compared to Skier and Piamenta is certainly correct. I also respect your right to like or dislike anything at all. My only problem with your review is that you keep inserting nasty jibes like "Manson Family vibe" which serve no purpose other than to insinuate there is something "evil" about Ovadya. If you've ever been near the Manson Family and experienced their "vibes" you've been far closer to raw evil than anyone in Ovadya.

If you don't REALLY mean those slanderous things, then why say them? You have a nice site and cover a lot of territory, which can be very helpful to a lot of people. You really don't need to use cruel and libelous remarks to display your wit or intelligence - we'll read your reviews without them.

I'm not angry with you - I don't even know you. I don't care for some of the things you write, but that doesn't mean you're "evil", and pricklies in your kiskes when we play doesn't mean we are, either.

So please, keep up your reviews, but remember the words of Frank Zappa. "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't speak for people who can't read." He said that because the reveiews were almost NEVER about the MUSIC.

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 5:34 PM
 


Wow. You need to chill. Your bandmate M had no problem with my honest review. Im am glad that you like the site but you must remember, I am not here for you. I have an intro message that is a warning to all who enter. If you dont like what you are reading....Fuck off! Obviously I didnt seriously think you were devil worshippers. I dont think anyone who read the review thought that, If they did I will clarify right now that I never thought that you were ACTUALLY Manson followers or satanists. I will say though that I am sorry you are a sore loser. Take the critism and move on.
# posted by Blogger Prodly : 9:49 AM
 


Post a Comment

© Copyright 2004 SklarO World. All rights reserved. -- Designed By: FF Warpzone And Prodly